Best Business Suggestion for 2016

Here’s the top business suggestion I recommend you use in 2016; answer your phone. I know you have it on you somewhere, in your hand, on your belt or sitting alongside you’re the other most important tool you own; your computer. I know you have it turned on, I’ve watched you at networking events, continued education courses and just walking through the grocery store and just because you don’t recognize the number doesn’t mean you don’t answer the call. I don’t want to talk to your voice mail, I don’t want a return text, I want to talk with you. It’s business and if you are really in business for yourself, you hope the phone will ring, so answer the phone.
If your business has grown so much over the past few years, hire someone to answer your phone. I don’t want to go through all your computer phone prompts, I just want to talk with a real person who can answer a question or direct me to a real person, who I really need to talk to. I don’t care if you’re trying to create the impression of your business being larger than it is, I just want to talk with a human.
If I happen to leave a message, give me a call back; not an email, not a text, a real person who can answer my question. If you are that busy, leave a message saying what times you return calls, I can wait, unless it’s an emergency. If it’s an emergency, do you have another number I should call?
I’m a business person and I’m part of the buying public. You have sat through all the sales training I have and you know; if you don’t answer the phone, I will be calling someone else, immediately after I hang up from your voice mail message.
If I met you while networking or at one of my networking workshops; will you live up to the expectations you presented me with? Did you inform anyone of the best way to communicate with you? If the public doesn’t know, they will assume the same thing I assume; we pick up the phone and call you.
I know it’s annoying to receive solicitation phone calls while we’re working, (that’s part of being in business), but do the same thing I do, hang up or tell them you’re not interested but, answer your phone!

You’ll be amazed at the amount of business you will gain doing this one simple thing. I hope you are very successful over the next year and when I call you, you can let me know how successful you are.

Comments

Popular Posts